Monthly Member’s Meeting in February 2023: What You Need to Know
The highlights of our February Member's Meeting are included here. This monthly meeting is a chance to learn about Digital Freight Alliance's planned projects. We begin with a brief overview of last month's meeting and then examine many of the important debates that occurred.
This article will outline the agenda for future meetings and provide information on upcoming Digital Freight Alliance events that you may be interested in attending or participating in.
Today’s digital world demands we work in an entirely new way.
DFA Progress in 2022
- 2000+ new members added in 2022
- 100+ new premium members onboarded in DFA receiving them with the best-in-class digital solutions and business opportunities
- 2 DFA Global Events in Dubai and 1 DFA Local Event in Bangkok were hosted this year
- DFA and SeaRates participated at the TransLogistica 2022 in Warsaw
- Cargoes Runner and Cargoes Flow solutions became part of DFA premium membership benefits
DFA Provides the following benefits:
- Grow your business. Access thousands of shipping requests via searates.com
- Networking. Connect with freight forwarders from 197+ countries.
- Payment Protection. Payment Protection for all transactions
- 24/7 Support. Dedicated Account Manager
- Operational Efficiency. Lead generation, Container Tracking, ERP
- Trade Finance. Reduced interest rate on working capital.
Be part of a bigger vision that’s growing
Vision & Strategy
The Digital Freight Alliance was founded in early 2020 as a union of logistics providers that use the technologies of the projects SeaRates.com. DFA is designed to be the world's most powerful and independent freight forwarders' association that covers more than 190 countries. DFA is the first, despite much competition, because it uses innovative and technical capabilities, and also strives to keep developing new opportunities for members of the Alliance.
To understand the philosophy behind how a wider vision grew from this beginning one needs to know that DFA was born from DP World and that DP World was born from the cultural background of Dubai as an entrepot. As barriers have progressively risen to world trade in the last ten years, DP World sees the digital revolution as an alternative engine to create growth.
To deliver this growth, however, we must provide the opportunity for SME forwarders to digitize, to compete with large-scale players who are digitizing at scale. SME forwarders who are able to “go global” are the key to prosperity, we believe.
Cargoes Flow by DP World
Cargoes Flow Mission
Striving to be the number ONE tracking, control, analytics and optimization tool of choice for enterprise cargo owners
Cargoes Flow Vision
To enable collaboration, foster data sharing, and improve efficiency
It’s still not uncommon for 30 independent parties, 100 people and up to 200 exchanges of information to be connected to a single shipment
Why Visibility is Business Critical
- 79% of Organizations have inadequate visibility into their supply chain.
- 90% of Shippers use visibility capabilities as a metric when choosing carriers.
- 63% of Shippers take supply chain visibility as a high priority for improvement.
- 6% of Shippers have real-time or near real-time freight visibility.
- 50%+ Global shipping lines have delays in vessel arrival.
- 15%+ of Shipping cost savings from improved supply chain visibility.
- 75%+ of Reduction of manual efforts to query where the cargo is.
- 20%+ of Customer growth due to satisfaction in freight visibility.
Common Causes Of Freight Delay
- Inclement weather conditions.
- Congestion on the road or at the port.
- Navigational hazards during transit.
- Strikes by service providers’ union members.
- Regulatory holding such as customs inspection.
- Delay or data inaccuracy from connected sources or partners.
- Resource constraints during peak season, holidays or weekends.
Monetary Loss from Poor Supply Chain Visibility
- Transportation disruption and service delays.
- Increasing logistic costs for expediting shipments.
- Long production cycles due to delayed availability of inbound shipments.
- Increasing risks from cargo theft and/or product quality deterioration.
- Missing customer expectations and loss of customer trust.
Cargoes Flow provides
- End-to-end Tracking - Track your multimodal shipments from origin to destination
- Supply Chain Visibility - Understand the availability of your products for every purchase order
- Document Sharing - Manage shipping documents online for easy collaboration
- Exception Management - Receive email notifications for key milestone events and in-transit exceptions
- Performance Analytics - Visualize key performance indicators and gain insights into optimization opportunities
Integrated with +25 ocean lines & +60 Airlines
- 2M Alliance: Maersk, MSC, Hamburg Sud, Safmarine, Sealand
- Ocean Alliance: COSCO, OOCL, CMA-CGM, APL, Evergreen
- The Alliance: ONE, Hapag-Lloyd, Yang Ming, HMM and more!
Easy to integrate with inland carriers
- Easy onboarding via API integration of TMS
- Supports most asset trackers and IoT devices
- Near real-time data ingestion and standardization
- Minimal IT integration cost
- Integration with Ocean Lines & AIS for real-time coverage of shipments
- Full detailed DPW Ports data visibility
- Tracking air capabilities – by AWB
- API Integration for client Road / Truck integrations
- Partnerships for Road & Truck coverage across continents
- Support for trackers and most IoT devices – GPS & Environment factors
Exception & Alerts - Notifications (Configurable to suit need)
- Missing onboarding
- ETD / ETA changes
- Unplanned Rollover
- Extended storage on the terminal
- Vessel carrier change
- Late Arrivals
- … & more
End to End Visibility
Order Management – Manual / Integration options with ERP
- Visibility into past, present & upcoming orders
- Track shipments per order / per SKU for managing warehouse activities.
- Alerts on orders being delayed at various levels.
- Add users for complete visibility or add partners for selective shipment visibility.
- Document Sharing, adding notes & user tagging capabilities
- Interactive UI interface
- Configurable personalized views for faster actions
- KPI & Analytical dashboard
- Backend-only API integration availability
- Near real-time data ingestion for immediate results
Cargoes Flow Advantages
- One platform across all carriers
- Intermodal Shipments
- Multiple Data Sources
- Global Tracking
- Hacker-Proof Data Security
- Easy to Integrate
- Cost Effective
- Simple Intuitive User Interface
- Bird's-eye view of all active shipments
- Colour-coded to indicate exception severity
- Map view of shipment location in near real-time
- Card view that gives a glance at key shipment information such as (vessel name, journey timeline, ETA, etc.)
- Overview of departures and arrivals across your entire network or for specific locations
- Colour-coded labels to help easily track the movement of shipments
- Card view that gives a glance at each shipment on each day.
- End-to-end tracking across land and sea
- Reliable and standardized tracking data coming from a collection of data sources
- Exception management and notifications for shipment delays, early arrivals, and more
- Map view for visualizing shipment movements and near real-time location
- Product and PO level view of your shipments
KPI and Analytics
- Charts that help identify where the inefficiencies occur
- Analytics that help the user collaborate with the right business partners
- Simplified cards and graphs that summarize the key logistics data for the user
Digital Freight Alliance is the first global supply chain association created by DP World, a leading enabler of logistics and trade. With both a free and premium membership, it's the start of your journey. Choose one and enjoy all the benefits of the Digital Freight Alliance.
As a member of the DFA, it's important to stay up-to-date on the latest developments and topics discussed in our meetings. If you missed this meeting, don't worry! You can still catch up with the recorded session below. This way, you won't miss out on any of the important information that was discussed during the meeting. With this recording, you can make sure that you're always in the know about what's going on within our Alliance.
Product overview from our monthly members’ meeting: click here.
If you would like to join us, please contact us so that you don’t lose out on any opportunities for your freight forwarding business.