Monthly Member’s Meeting in December 2022: What You Need to Know
We go over the highlights from our December Member's Meeting. This meeting is your monthly opportunity to hear about upcoming work by Digital Freight Alliance. We start with a short recap of last month’s meeting, then take a look at some of the key discussions.
The goal of this article is to give people an idea of what they can expect at future meetings as well as provide information on DFA events that they might be interested in attending or participating in.
So, here is a summary of the meeting.
DFA Progress in 2022
- 2000+ new members added in 2022
- 100+ new premium members onboarded in DFA receiving them with the best-in-class digital solutions and business opportunities
- 2 DFA Global Events in Dubai and 1 DFA Local Event in Bangkok were hosted this year
- DFA and SeaRates participated at the TransLogistica 2022 in Warsaw
- Cargoes Runner and Cargoes Flow solutions became part of DFA premium membership benefits
DFA Provides the following benefits:
- Grow your business. Access thousands of shipping requests via searates.com
- Networking. Connect with freight forwarders from 197+ countries.
- Payment Protection. Payment Protection for all transactions
- 24/7 Support. Dedicated Account Manager
- Operational Efficiency. Lead generation, Container Tracking, ERP
- Trade Finance. Reduced interest rate on working capital.
Be part of a bigger vision that’s growing
Vision & Strategy
The Digital Freight Alliance was founded in early 2020 as a union of logistics providers that use the technologies of the projects SeaRates.com. DFA is designed to be world's most powerful and independent freight forwarders' association that covers more than 190 countries. DFA is the first, despite much competition, because it uses innovative and technical capabilities, also strives to keep developing new opportunities for members of the Alliance.
To understand the philosophy behind how a wider vision grew from this beginning one needs to know that DFA was born from DP World and that DP World was born from the cultural background of Dubai as an entrepot. As barriers have progressively risen to world trade in the last ten years, DP World sees the digital revolution as an alternative engine to create growth.
To deliver this growth however we must provide the opportunity for SME forwarders to digitize, to compete with large scale players who are digitizing at scale. SME forwarders who are able to “go global” are the key to prosperity, we believe.
Digital Freight Alliance is the first global supply chain association created by DP World, a leading enabler of logistics and trade. With both a free and premium membership, it's the start of your journey. Choose one and enjoy all the benefits of the Digital Freight Alliance.
Global Freight Summit highlights
- 3 days of the GFS, powered by DP World held in Dubai
- 1700+ attendees
- 60+ countries
- 45+ speakers, industry leaders, and entrepreneurs
- DFA members, BCOs, shipping lines, DP World entities and more
- Panel discussions, presentations of DFA, SeaRates, Cargoes and other DP World products, business matchmaking and more!
If you are a member of the DFA and missed this meeting, please contact your account manager to get a copy of the presentation. If you would like to join us, please contact us so that you don’t lose out on any opportunities for your freight forwarding business.